The key goals of the Council consist of:
- Including the Sectoral Qualification Framework and selected sectoral qualifications in the Integrated Qualifications System, which will simultaneously ensure that Polish sectoral qualifications are linked with the European market,
- Conducting research and analytical work within the scope of the sector s competency needs to serve as a basis for undertaking new initiatives,
- Initiating and supporting preparation of new sectoral standards, including qualifications, in response to new development trends, taking into account regulatory, technological and demographic changes,
- Developing sectoral cooperation between all stakeholders aimed at shortening the response time of the educational and training offer to the sector s newly emerging competency needs,
- Working to increase the development prospects of young employees, who will benefit from good organisational order, greater transparency and comparability of qualifications, also in an international dimension.